Autumn has arrived, and with it comes cooler temperatures and changing leaves. Let your kids get outside to burn off excess energy while having fun, practicing coordination and balance, sharing or working together with others, reducing stress, and socializing. There are so many wonderful activities for families to do together while the weather is nice and the craziness of the holidays has not yet begun.
Here are just a few fun fall activities to consider. Add your own twist to make them even more engaging and memorable!
- Go to the park or community playground and let your kids interact with others on the equipment or running around in the grass.
- Ride bikes and explore your neighborhood or local bike paths. Get those muscles moving but don’t forget helmets!
- Make your way through a corn maze and enjoy the other activities available at the farm.
- Pick your own apples and let the kids help you turn them into applesauce, apple cider, apple pies, and more.
- Rake leaves into a big pile and then have fun tossing them around. Rake again for more exercise and fun!
- Go for a hike and enjoy the beauty of nature and changing fall foliage. Shake things up by creating a scavenger hunt kids can complete along your hike.
- Play some pick-up sports; toss a ball back and forth, practice shooting hoops, kick a soccer ball, or start a neighborhood game of kickball or tag.
Keep your eye on the newspaper or local news for more great ideas and things happening around your town. Encourage your kids to get outside and stay active by doing it together as a family. A lot of these activities can also help practice skills your child may be learning in therapy at PediaPlex. Talk to your child’s therapist for more ways to incorporate what they’re learning in therapy at home.
Is your child struggling to complete different tasks? Or could they benefit from more support? Contact PediaPlex to learn more about our services.