Need a few fun outing ideas before summer is over? Here are several sensory-friendly August events happening in the DFW metroplex:
- AMC Theaters offers Sensory Friendly Family Films on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. You will want to check your local AMC Theater for specific showtimes! #AMCSensoryFrien…dly
- Amon Carter Museum hosts their Sensory Saturday event the 2nd Saturday of every month! Reservations are required for these special Saturday events.
- Chuck E Cheese offers a Sensory Sensitive event the first Sunday of every month. Check with your local location to make sure they offer this event!
- Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park hosts an event on the first Saturday of every month from 9am-11am just for children with special needs and their families.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park also offers an event on the first Sunday of every month for children with special needs. Times and dates can vary so check with your local park to confirm before you go.
- Studio Movie Grill also offers Sensory Friendly Family Films once a month on varying Saturdays. Sensory friendly screenings are free for children with special needs and their siblings. You will have to check with your local SMG for dates and times.
October 13, 2018 at 1:30 PM – Friendship, betrayal, and adventure are front and center in this bold world premiere! And Jim Hawkins, Ben Gunn, and Long John Silver will do just about anything to be the first to claim the buried treasure. From the moment you enter the theater, you’ll find yourself in the middle of the action. Step into a world of dramatic sword fights, thrilling acrobatics, and magical shadow puppetry as Dallas Children’s Theater, Prism Movement Theatre, Kathy Burks Theatre of Puppetry Arts, and Lone Star Circus® come together to present a wildly original version of this iconic tale. Grab your costume and come aboard our ship. Your help is needed to decide who gets to take home the gold! Recommended for ages 7 and up