2019 Fun Summer Activities for Autistic Children
Congratulations. You’ve made it through another school year! Let the summer fun begin. PediaPlex understands that summer break can be challenging for kiddos on the autism spectrum as breaking away from their routine and pace can sometimes trigger behavioral changes. The DFW metroplex is offering many sensory-friendly ways this summer to help keep our ASD kiddos active. Here are a few fun summer activities for autistic children in the month of June:
- June 8tH– C.A.S.T for Kids Fishing Event:
- Weatherford, TX
- This is a C.A.S.T. for Kids event designed to provide children with disabilities, ages 5 – 17, the opportunity to enjoy a quality outdoor recreational experience through the sport of fishing. Take to the water with C.A.S.T. for an unforgettable morning of fishing and boating!
- REGISTER HERE
- June 16th- Sensory Sunday’s at Crayola Experience:
- Plano, TX
- Bigger, brighter and bolder than ever, the colorful adventures of Crayola Experience help kids and adults alike explore art and technology, express their creativity and experience color in a whole new way.
- REGISTER HERE
- June 22nd– Dallas Children’s Theater Performance of ‘Diary of a Worm, a Spider, & a Fly’:
- Dallas, TX
- The coolest ever rock-n-roll romp through a bug’s world commands center stage in this hip-hoppin’ musical that promotes eco-consciousness, earth science, and tolerance of others.
- PURCHASE TICKETS
- Various Dates in June – Champion’s Day at Hawaiian Falls
- June 8 (Mansfield), June 15 (Roanoke), June 22 (Garland & Waco, June 29 (The Colony)
- A special time for our Champions (individuals with special needs) and their family/friends to enjoy the park all to themselves without the noise and lines.
- FREE for Champions and $10 companion tickets (max 4 per Champion)
- PURCHSE TICKETS
Looking for Year-Round Swim Schools for Special Needs Children?
Check out some of our favs!
- Aqua-Tots Swim School (LEARN MORE)
- Emler Swim School (LEARN MORE)
- A variety of YMCA’s in the DFW area- Call yours today to ask if they offer these services!