Conduct assessments that will identify the presence of a disorder, including specific impairments in motor, sensory, processing, coordination skills. Provide therapeutic intervention to eliminate or reduce impairments that interfere with clients’ abilities.
- Bachelor/Master/Doctorate degree in occupational therapy from an accredited university
- Valid Texas license as an occupational therapist granted by the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners
- Knowledge of educationally based practice of occupational therapy as defined by the American Occupational Therapy Association
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and provide appropriate individual and group therapy to clients consistent with documented goals.
- Evaluate client progress and determine ongoing need for therapy services.
- Conduct individual evaluations to assess clients with disorders and determine eligibility for services.
- Develop clinical management strategies or procedures and diagnostic statements by interpreting formal and informal data.
Clinic Climate & Client Management
- Present a positive role model for clients through interactions and presentation.
- Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors and colleagues.
- Collaborate with other professionals to plan and implement therapeutic activities to improve communication skills of clients.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, and parents regarding the accomplishment of therapy goals and needs of the student.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of occupational therapy services and make changes based on the findings. Apply continuous improvement strategies to assessment and therapy practices.
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the maturity and developmental levels and interests of clients.
- May supervise licensed occupational therapy assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other required documents in a timely fashion adhering to guidelines and requests.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Executive Council for Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Examiners.
Clinic Support & Work Conditions
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Determination and management of necessary materials needed for Professional Development.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively, work under timeline demands.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist in all areas of the clinic as requested.
- Demonstrate the ability to self-initiate tasks and projects that will benefit clients as well as the staff and clinic.
- Complete Community Support Events in order to participate in community outreach events that benefit our clients, help educate the general public and connect them to services.
- Complete all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.